Definition of galliwasp in English:
A marsh lizard found in Central America and the Caribbean.
- Genus Diploglossus, family Anguidae: many species, in particular D. monotropis of the West Indies
- Divorcing himself from feelings, he comes up with a weird comparison between human beings and galliwasps.
- In 1956, Cousens reported that a Jamaican giant galliwasp had not been collected in over one hundred years.
- Sloane described and illustrated one of these, the great galliwasp, which later became extinct.
late 17th century: of unknown origin.
Definition of galliwasp in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia