Definition of gamer in English:
1A person who plays a game or games, typically a participant in a computer or role-playing game.
- The epic role-playing games Japanese gamers love are all somewhere into 2006 at the earliest.
- A computer gamer is taking a software firm to court after he suddenly lost all of his virtual weapons.
- This keeps the game flowing well as gamers never tire of the same scenery.
1.1North American (Especially in sports) a person known for consistently making a strong effort.
- If you were giving it out, you were wise and a good teammate, a gamer.
- He's a gamer and a winner, the type of quarterback who gives the Chargers instant credibility.
- He might have thought he was being a gamer by keeping quiet and pitching in pain last week.
Definition of gamer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan