- (Of a plan) go wrong.[ 1786: from Robert Burns's 'The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men, Gang aft agley' (Poems and Songs)]More example sentences
- The best laid plans, I discovered, can indeed gang agley, as swiftly as a mouse's existence is ended by a harvester.
- But that wrecked show-trial wasn't the only media scheme that ganged agley in November 2005.
- I should have expected that plan to gang agley.
More definitions of gang agleyDefinition of gang agley in:
- The British & World English dictionary