(Of a hole, wound, etc.) wide open: there was a gaping hole in the wall
More example sentences
- A broad smile dribbled down from the bottom of his gaping lips.
- The central defining social fact of our world is gaping global inequality.
- The family circle is left with a ragged, gaping tear.
- Example sentences
- His right flank is now gapingly vulnerable to an attack.
- There's a gapingly obvious lack of real anger and social or political comment.
- He blinked, and stared gapingly at the child for a moment.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.