Definition of garden cress in English:
A type of cress that is usually grown as a sprouting vegetable, often mixed with sprouting mustard, and used in salads.
- Lepidium sativum, family Brassicaceae
- The other main cultivated cress is garden cress, Lepidium sativum, and it is this, with its tiny leaves, which ought to be present in boxes labelled ‘mustard and cress’.
- Coriander, garden cress, and dill are short-lived annuals that, when cut for harvest, do not regrow.
- Non-curled forms of garden cress, with broader leaves, are also available.
Definition of garden cress in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan