Definition of garden warbler in English:
A migratory Eurasian songbird with drab plumage, frequenting woodlands.
- Sylvia borin, family Sylviidae
- People on the one to two-hour guided walks may also hear warblers such as the blackcap, the garden warbler, the reed warbler, the sedge warbler and the chiffchaff.
- A recent study has shown that the migratory garden warbler has a much better long-term memory than its close relative, the Sardinian warbler, a nonmigratory species.
- We have planted over 800 native trees along the embankment, creating a wonderful habitat for warblers such as whitethroat, garden warbler and blackcap, as well as linnets, once a common bird that seems to be disappearing.
Definition of garden warbler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan