- A bright green amorphous mineral consisting of a hydrated silicate of nickel and magnesium.More example sentences
- The most common ores of nickel are pentlandite, pyrrhotite, and garnierite.
- In some locations they may form major deposits, as in the case of garnierite, a major nickel ore.
- Nickel is found in many ores as sulfides, arsenides, antimonides & oxides or silicates; chief sources include chalcopyrite; others are pyrrhotite, pentlandite, garnierite, niccolite, millerite.
1875: named after Jules Garnier (1839–1904), French geologist.
More definitions of garnieriteDefinition of garnierite in:
- The British & World English dictionary