Definition of Gascon in English:
1A native or inhabitant of Gascony.
- At that time, much of their territory was seized by Spaniards, Gascons, and Catalans.
- An acquired taste has been created, which suffers under disappointment as cruelly as when the Greenlander is deprived of his whale-blubber, the Gascon of his garlic, and the East Indian of his curry.
- In return the Gascons imported English cloth, leather, and corn.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to Gascony or its people.
- But did they pretend to naval power beyond such dictates, or occasionally commandeering the resources of English merchants trading with Scandinavian, Flemish, or, later, Gascon ports?
- Then, unless you're a Gascon peasant with a farmyard full of ducks and pigs, the shopping alone is going to eat into your house-in - France fund, not to mention occupy you for a good day.
- The expression ‘a Gascon promise’ is only ever used ironically.
Words that rhyme with GasconAlaskan, Madagascan, Nebraskan
Definition of Gascon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.