- A chandelier with gas burners rather than light bulbs or candles.More example sentences
- That Mrs Proudie installed gaseliers in the Bishop's palace for her first formal reception in Trollope's Barchester Towers was an indication of her hopelessly middle-class background.
- The chandeliers in the drawing room, originally gasoliers, had been converted to electric light sometime in the 1920s.
- The music reverberated from low rafters hung with ornamental gasoliers.
More definitions of gasolierDefinition of gasolier in:
- The British & World English dictionary