noun (plural gastrectomies)
- Surgical removal of a part or the whole of the stomach.More example sentences
- Subsequently, she underwent surgery, which included partial gastrectomy, thymectomy, and splenectomy.
- At our institution, radical proximal gastrectomy, splenectomy, partial pancreatectomy, left adrenalectomy, and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection were performed.
- Surgical procedures such as wide local excision, partial gastrectomy, total gastrectomy, or gastrointestinal bypass also are performed with palliative intent, to allow oral intake of food and alleviate pain.
More definitions of gastrectomyDefinition of gastrectomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary