- 1An assembly or meeting, especially a social or festive one or one held for a specific purpose: a family gatheringMore example sentences
- Difficult meetings, family gatherings and so on can be chances to use your new skills.
- The auditorium will serve as a meeting place for public gatherings and academic conferences.
- I mean this is something for the people to think about and the purpose of a gathering like this is for me, through this forum, to talk directly to the people of Australia.
- 2A set of printed signatures of a book, gathered for binding.More example sentences
- Of course, it is not possible to have eleven leaves in one gathering of a quarto book.