- A quantum theory using mathematical functions to describe subatomic interactions in terms of particles that are not directly detectable.More example sentences
- This picture was improved upon by using a non-abelian gauge theory, Quantum Chromodynamics.
- A gauge theory would therefore also be a description of quantum gravity in a particular background space-time.
- The obvious thing to do was to try it out on the simplest gauge theory of all, electrodynamics - to break its symmetry to see what really happens.
More definitions of gauge theoryDefinition of gauge theory in:
- The British & World English dictionary