noun (plural same or gausses)
- A unit of magnetic induction, equal to one ten-thousandth of a tesla.More example sentences
- The strength of the magnetic field is 0.12 tesla or 1,200 gauss (ie, magnetic flux density).
- Normal water has a pH level of around 7, while magnetized water can reach 9.2 pH after exposure to a 7000 gauss strength magnet.
- Its magnetic field grows very intense as well, to a trillion gauss or so.
late 19th century: named after Karl Gauss (see Gauss, Karl Friedrich).
More definitions of gaussDefinition of gauss in:
- The British & World English dictionary