verb[with object] British
- (Of a buyer) lower the amount of an offer made on a property and accepted by (a seller) at the time of final negotiations.More example sentences
- Whereas gazumping gave sellers the upper hand, allowing them to accept 11 th hour bids above the original offer, gazundering turns the tables on them.
- A new home buying process offered by estate agents has been launched that claims make the process quicker, and prevent gazumping or gazundering with comparable costs to the conventional system.
- Gazumping and gazundering sound contagious - do I really want to buy a flat?
More definitions of gazunderDefinition of gazunder in:
- The British & World English dictionary