• informal , chiefly North American
- another way of saying gee1.
adjective(gee-whiz) [attributive] Back to top
- Characterized by or causing naive astonishment or wonder, in particular at new technology: this era of gee-whiz gadgetryMore example sentences
- The drama can feel a little stodgy but it comes alive in the aerial sequences, with all their gee-whiz, jet-age wonder.
- The quirky humor has been abandoned in favor of futuristic imagery and gee-whiz exclamations about the wonders of cool technology.
- The soldiers remark with a sort of gee-whiz wonder that they will be war veterans when they go home, and debate about who they will tell that they didn't actually see combat, if that is what happens.
More definitions of gee whizDefinition of gee whiz in:
- The British & World English dictionary