Definition of geebung in English:
An Australian shrub or small tree that bears creamy-yellow flowers and small green fruit.
- Genus Persoonia, family Proteaceae
- So has anyone munched any other types of geebungs and could share their tasting notes?
- Changes in soil conditions in this area have produced an equally varied understorey of shrubs, with ferns, wattles, banksias, hakeas and geebungs, and a number of native grasses.
- Visitors from Sydney will notice the flannel flowers - many of the peas, boronias, mint-bushes, geebungs and tea trees, however, belong to inland species.
Early 19th century: from Dharuk.
Definition of geebung in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan