- A castrated animal, especially a male horse.More example sentences
- A larger space is needed between stallions and other pastures used by geldings and other horses.
- A record 5,110 horses - 2,668 colts, 2,440 fillies, and two geldings - are cataloged for the 14-day sale that runs through September 26.
- The total number of horses - 2,668 colts, 2,440 fillies, and two geldings - is 219 more than last year's previous record of 4,891.
late Middle English: from Old Norse geldingr, from geldr 'barren'.
More definitions of geldingDefinition of gelding in:
- The British & World English dictionary