- A medical doctor who is trained to provide primary health care to patients of either sex and any age.More example sentences
- Patients in local hospitals owned by local communities are treated by general practitioners.
- Perth has numerous specialists in skin diagnosis to whom general practitioners could refer patients.
- This is usually done by either a gynaecologist, a general practitioner, or a nurse practitioner.
More definitions of general practitionerDefinition of general practitioner in:
- The British & World English dictionary