plural noun[treated as singular]
1The study of heredity and the variation of inherited characteristics.
- I take this to be an invitation to actively study genetics, atmospheric sciences and geology and so on.
- In doing so it has removed many of the limitations in the study of human genetics.
- The study of genetics confirms that we are all extremely closely related biologically.
1.1 [treated as singular or plural] The genetic properties or features of an organism, characteristic, etc. the effects of family genetics on the choice of career
More example sentences
- Illnesses and atrocities occur with a frequency related to the country you were born in and your own genetics.
- The first papers on plant molecular population genetics were published approximately 10 years ago.
- To understand further the genetics underlying pulmonary function, we analyzed data from 264 individuals from 26 pedigrees.
Definition of genetics in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.