The recreational activity of hunting for and finding a hidden object by means of GPS coordinates posted on a website.
More example sentences
- It's a must-have for the new sport of geocaching - a high-tech treasure hunt in which you're given a latitude and longitude to help you find a hidden stash.
- Yesterday, my friend Alistair introduced me to geocaching - a treasure-hunt sort of game where people stash containers with goodies in them in odd locations, which you can only find with a GPS receiver and some skill.
- As an outdoor activity, then the pursuit of the moment is geocaching.
from geo(graphical) +cache + -ing.
- More example sentences
- Not a term of rudeness but the nom de guerre of a fellow geocacher.
- This is an important piece of information for the cache owner whether you are an accomplished geocacher, or just starting out.
Definition of geocaching in:
- The British & World English dictionary