- The motion of a motile organism or cell in response to the force of gravity.More example sentences
- It therefore seems that positive phototaxis was stronger than the positive geotaxis as a driving force of cell motility.
- This suggests that the fusion of response observed in geotaxis and phototaxis also exists in more sophisticated forms of navigation.
- They cause a variety of behavioral phenotypes including overall sluggishness and abnormal phototaxis, geotaxis, flight ability, ether recovery, and mating vigor.
- More example sentences
- The different geotactic behaviour of the two species of cercariae brings them into the ecological range of their different second intermediate hosts.
- The obstacle wall provides a geotactic barrier by presenting a side wall and an obstacle wall with numerous identical elevations.
- The present study was conducted to determine whether A. invadans zoospores show geotactic behaviour compared to other Oomycete genera.
More definitions of geotaxisDefinition of geotaxis in:
- The British & World English dictionary