Definition of geraniol in English:
A fragrant liquid present in some floral oils and used in perfumery.
- A terpenoid alcohol; chemical formula: C10H18O
- An example that Blackmond often uses is the asymmetric hydrogenation of the allylic alcohols geraniol and its isomers (g geraniol and nerol).
- Tucker says lemon balm is easy to grow from seeds and contains citronellal, geraniol and geranial.
- She tells us that the principal constituents of lavender are alcohols such as borneol, geraniol and linalool; esters such as geranyle and linalyl; and terpents such as pinene and limonene.
Definition of geraniol in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.