- A plant of the daisy family, native to Asia and Africa, with large brightly colored flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Gerbera, family Compositae: many species, in particular the widely cultivated Transvaal daisy
- Large flowers such as gerberas are less time-consuming to work with than small ones like button mums, as you'll need fewer stems to cover the foam base.
- Drape doorways with strings of dark-red crystals, ruby gerberas and deep pink bougainvillea.
- In the galleries, export market cut flowers such as anthuriums, orchids, carnations, heliconiums and gerberas attracted a large number of people.
modern Latin, named after Traugott Gerber (died 1743), German naturalist.
More definitions of gerberaDefinition of gerbera in:
- The British & World English dictionary