Definition of germander in English:
A widely distributed plant of the mint family. Some kinds are cultivated as ornamentals and some are used in herbal medicine.
- Genus Teucrium, family Labiatae: many species, including the American germander (T. canadense) and the European wall germander (T. chamaedrys)
- They can be trimmed almost like a topiary, if you want to use miniature box, lavender or germander.
- Herbs, such as germander and santolina, can be clipped into low hedges to create a knot garden.
- For example, programmed cell death in isolated rat hepatocytes has been implicated in the hepatitis induced by a herbal medicine containing diterpinoids from germander.
Definition of germander in:
- British & World English dictionary