Definition of germicide in English:
A substance or other agent that destroys harmful microorganisms; an antiseptic.
- Research has not shown an increased resistance of antibiotic-resistant bacteria to hospital germicides and disinfectants.
- When using a chemical germicide to achieve high-level disinfection, an agent registered with and approved by government regulatory bodies should be selected.
- The National Fire Protection Association is concerned about the use of flammable liquid germicides where electro-surgery or lasers are used.
- Example sentences
- The selected antiseptic solution should have a broad range of germicidal action.
- Researchers at Canada's McGill University installed UVGI or ultraviolet germicidal irradiation ventilation systems in three office buildings in Montreal.
- Between procedures, equipment and furniture that are visibly soiled should be cleaned with a registered hospital-grade germicidal agent.
Words that rhyme with germicidespermicide
Definition of germicide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.