Gather or assemble socially or to cooperate.
- It was quite a mythical fusion of local bands and collectives getting together and being creative.
- We have all donated individually but collectively we want to get together and do something quite big.
- Every fortnight they get together to socialise and work on different projects.
An informal gathering.
- Teachers held barbeque parties, potluck suppers and luncheons that served as musical get-togethers in an informal atmosphere.
- Consequently, family get-togethers during traditional festivals are becoming difficult for such people.
- The annual holiday is usually marked by family get-togethers over a traditional meal of turkey, sweet potatoes and apple pie.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan