Definition of geum in English:
A plant of a genus that comprises the avens.
- Genus Geum, family Rosaceae
- These include the dahlias and impatiens as well as roses, cyclamen, nicotiana, geum and the darkening petals of Sedum spectabile.
- Water Avens is another name for this species of geum which, unlike the rest of the genus, is a moisture-loving plant that will do well in damp places by a pond.
- Many kinds can go into the ground now, including asters, chrysanthemums, diascia, gaura, geranium, geum, and penstemon.
Modern Latin, variant of Latin gaeum.
Definition of geum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.