Definition of giant clam in English:
A very large bivalve mollusk that occurs in the tropical Indo-Pacific.
- Family Tridacnidae: several species, including Tridacna gigas, which is the largest living shelled mollusk
- The red-plumed tubeworms and giant clams were nowhere to be seen.
- The photograph below actually depicts a giant clam, Tridacna, from the south Pacific, but notice the pink encrusting material on the outsides of the shell.
- Whales, sea turtles, crocodiles, giant clams, manta rays, and dugongs also ply the peninsula's waters.
Definition of giant clam in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan