- A very large bivalve mollusk that occurs in the tropical Indo-Pacific.
More example sentences
- Family Tridacnidae: several species, including Tridacna gigas, which is the largest living shelled mollusk
- The red-plumed tubeworms and giant clams were nowhere to be seen.
- The photograph below actually depicts a giant clam, Tridacna, from the south Pacific, but notice the pink encrusting material on the outsides of the shell.
- Whales, sea turtles, crocodiles, giant clams, manta rays, and dugongs also ply the peninsula's waters.
More definitions of giant clamDefinition of giant clam in:
- The British & World English dictionary