Definition of giant squid in English:
A deep-sea squid that is the largest known invertebrate, reaching a length of 59 feet (18 m) or more.
- Genus Architeuthis, order Teuthoidea
- He was able to shoot a variety of animals, including other species of squid, but the giant squid remained elusive.
- Their latest findings show that giant squids, the largest invertebrates on Earth, live about 14 years or less and tend to live at depths of 125 to 250 meters.
- The giant squid has always enjoyed a reputation of mythic proportions.
Definition of giant squid in:
- British & World English dictionary