Definition of giant squid in English:
A deep-sea squid that is the largest known invertebrate, reaching a length of 59 feet (18 m) or more.
- Genus Architeuthis, order Teuthoidea
- He was able to shoot a variety of animals, including other species of squid, but the giant squid remained elusive.
- Their latest findings show that giant squids, the largest invertebrates on Earth, live about 14 years or less and tend to live at depths of 125 to 250 meters.
- The giant squid has always enjoyed a reputation of mythic proportions.
Definition of giant squid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan