Definition of gift wrap in English:
Decorative paper for wrapping presents.
- The gift wrap on presents for his host family was in the bag, but the gifts were gone, as was the camera specially purchased for his trip.
- The floor of his parents' room was teeming with presents in colorful gift wrap.
- Unwrapping begins with the painted bag, then moves to the hand-stamped gift wrap, decorated tags, handmade card, and finally the starring present.
verb(gift-wrap) (gift wraps, gift wrapping, gift wrapped) [with object] (usually as adjective gift-wrapped) Back to top
1Wrap (a present) in decorative paper.
- For security reasons all gift-wrapped presents will be unwrapped.
- People are increasingly turning to the Net to avoid shopping on the high street because of ease of payment, ease of delivery and presents arriving gift-wrapped.
- And there will be enough wrapping paper to gift-wrap most of Plymouth.
1.1Hand over (something) as if a gift: his first on-screen role came gift-wrapped
More example sentences
- Yet in the last 20 of the first period, they proved what a infuriating team they can be, making mistakes aplenty and gift-wrapping a handful of tries to the hosts with weak tackling.
- But any nerves harboured by them were swiftly expunged with a brace of gift-wrapped goals against adversaries who were lethargic, lacklustre and terribly out of sorts.
- Victories like this one will not always come so neatly gift-wrapped.
Definition of gift wrap in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan