Definition of giganotosaurus in English:
An enormous carnivorous dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period, resembling the tyrannosaurs.
- Genus Giganotosaurus, suborder Theropoda, order Saurischia
- Allain says Mapusaurus is more closely related to the Argentinian Giganotosaurus than to the African species.
- Blanco had successfully used a similar method to estimate the speed of 30 living mammals and the T-rex-like dinosaur Giganotosaurus.
- With the discovery of Giganotosaurus and related forms, Carnosauria is once again the home of the world's largest terrestrial predators.
Modern Latin, from Greek gigas 'giant' + nōton 'back' + sauros 'lizard'.
Words that rhyme with giganotosaurusbrachiosaurus, brontosaurus, canorous, chorus, Epidaurus, Horus, megalosaurus, pelorus, porous, sorus, stegosaurus, Taurus, thesaurus, torus, tyrannosaurus
Definition of giganotosaurus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.