- Covered thinly with gold leaf or gold paint.More example sentences
- With the look of genuine horror he relates how some people even made a living burning old gilt frames for the gold.
- It was woven and plaited in a manner similar to lace making, then mounted with gold or gilt fittings.
- The interior of the restaurant is straight out of 1950s Brooklyn - goldish paint, plaster busts and gilt mirrors create a very old-fashioned feel.
nounBack to top
- Gold leaf or gold paint applied in a thin layer to a surface.More example sentences
- Follow the application instructions for your choice of finish, paint or gilt.
- Let us peel away some of the layers of gilt and glimpse at some of the failures.
- Crafted in silver and gilt, the 60-cm high trophy features a golden globe held aloft by three silver columns.
Middle English: archaic past participle of gild1.
- A young sow.More example sentences
- The first strategy, used largely with maternal lines that are genetically lean, is to increase the gilt's body fat content during the prebreeding period.
- Furthermore, fewer postural changes by the gilt may be an advantageous behavior to help lessen the incidence of pre-weaning piglet mortality.
- Diets for gilts and the breeding herd should contain the better quality feed grains, free from spoilage, molds, and mycotoxins.
Middle English: from Old Norse gyltr.