Definition of gingerbread in English:
1Cake made with molasses and flavored with ginger.
- The castle's chefs are also responsible for the coffee shop fare - look out for fruit cakes, gingerbread and daily specials.
- This involved all kinds of sweetmeats, tarts, spiced cakes, and gingerbread, consumed with sweet wines.
- I can imagine Dorothy taking out the ginger to make gingerbread which her brother liked so much.
1.1Fancy decoration, especially on a building: [as modifier]: a high-gabled gingerbread house
More example sentences
- Yet artists and agents, poets, publishers and refugees from war-torn Europe vied for invitations to pass through that gingerbread porch and spend an evening in New York's most fashionable salon.
- These 50 hectares are decorated with gingerbread pavilions and bridges; its paths are fringed by gracious palm trees.
- Small it was, with a picturesque inn, gingerbread houses, and a stinking brewery looming over the landscape a few miles outside of town.
Words that rhyme with gingerbreadpure-bred
Definition of gingerbread in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India