Definition of girlfriend in English:
1A regular female companion with whom a person has a romantic or sexual relationship: his girlfriend is Australian
More example sentences
- When the two develop relationships with girlfriends, jealous tempers flare.
- I've probably had more boyfriends than girlfriends, but my relationships with women have lasted longer.
- This is proved when he talks about Jess, his girlfriend, whom he met in a lift in Milan.
1.1A woman’s female friend.
- I think it's high time you selected both your men friends and your girlfriends more carefully.
- She constantly had to be surrounded by her girlfriends, guy friends, and me… all the time.
- Angela also has girlfriends and confidantes who advise her how to ensure that her loss of virginity is not discovered by her husband.
Words that rhyme with girlfriendpenfriend • boyfriend
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.