Definition of girlfriend in English:
1A regular female companion with whom a person has a romantic or sexual relationship: his girlfriend is Australian
More example sentences
- When the two develop relationships with girlfriends, jealous tempers flare.
- I've probably had more boyfriends than girlfriends, but my relationships with women have lasted longer.
- This is proved when he talks about Jess, his girlfriend, whom he met in a lift in Milan.
1.1A woman’s female friend.
- I think it's high time you selected both your men friends and your girlfriends more carefully.
- She constantly had to be surrounded by her girlfriends, guy friends, and me… all the time.
- Angela also has girlfriends and confidantes who advise her how to ensure that her loss of virginity is not discovered by her husband.
Words that rhyme with girlfriendpenfriend • boyfriend
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan