- 1A regular female companion with whom a person has a romantic or sexual relationship: his girlfriend is AustralianMore example sentences
- When the two develop relationships with girlfriends, jealous tempers flare.
- I've probably had more boyfriends than girlfriends, but my relationships with women have lasted longer.
- This is proved when he talks about Jess, his girlfriend, whom he met in a lift in Milan.
- 1.1A woman’s female friend.More example sentences
- I think it's high time you selected both your men friends and your girlfriends more carefully.
- She constantly had to be surrounded by her girlfriends, guy friends, and me… all the time.
- Angela also has girlfriends and confidantes who advise her how to ensure that her loss of virginity is not discovered by her husband.