1A tool that scores a line on a piece of glass, allowing the glass to be snapped along the line.
More example sentences
- But also collectable is another style of cast iron combination tool which excludes a glass cutter but incorporates devices for sharpening scissors and knives, and for opening cans.
- If you have a piece of glass available, use a glass cutter and a straightedge to size a replacement pane that is 1/8 inch smaller in length and width than the opening it must fit.
- For insurance reasons, do-it-yourselfers can't use the chopper, power tools, mat cutter or the glass cutter.
glass cutting noun
- More example sentences
- The Network is currently organising a 10 week training programme in glass cutting, etching and painting.
- The patent specification illustration shows the cutting wheel set in the end of a handle similar to that previously used for holding a diamond for glass cutting.
- Accompanied by his mother Margaret, Chris received rapturous applause from all in the complex as he made his way around the factory, also turning his hand to a bit of glass cutting.
Definition of glass cutter in:
- The British & World English dictionary