- An elver at the time that it first enters brackish or fresh water, when it is translucent.More example sentences
- Coloration is variable with maturity level, the larval stage is called a leptocephalus, or glass eel.
- Fishing for glass eel could also continue if these eels are used for restocking rivers but not used for aquaculture.
- For instance, limits will be set on fishing for glass eels used in aquaculture, while eel passes, similar to salmon ladders, are to be introduced to lessen the impact of dams and weirs that block upstream migration.
More definitions of glass eelDefinition of glass eel in:
- The British & World English dictionary