Definition of glassblowing in English:
The craft of making glassware by blowing air through a tube of semimolten glass.
- For many years, I've been longing to try what I saw as one of the most difficult crafts of all: glass-blowing.
- Traditional Lebanese crafts include basketry, carpet weaving, ceramics and pottery, copper-and metalworking, embroidery, glass-blowing, and gold-and silversmithing.
- Like several of Taiwan's other localized festivals - Hsinchu's glass-blowing and Hualien's marble - sculpting festivals - the Steel and Iron Festival features art that draws on materials once vital to its local economy.
- Example sentences
- Then you can stroll around the special interest shops, spend time in one of the three excellent small galleries, or watch the glass-blowers or ceramcists in action.
- The way she puts it, though, ‘At this point I'm primarily a glass-blower and a painter.’
- He's now a scientific glass-blower at the university and repairs broken laboratory equipment and makes specialised glassware.
Definition of glassblowing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan