Definition of glasses in English:
1A pair of lenses set in a frame resting on the nose and ears, used to correct or assist defective eyesight or protect the eyes.
- She stood in the hallway in another one of her typical flowing dresses, her hair tied up this time and a small pair of silver glasses resting on her nose.
- This teenager held a buff build and tall lean body with brown hair was spiked and wire frame glasses rested on his nose.
- Silver framed glasses rested on the tip of her nose, her short hair being tousled by the brisk winds.
1.1A pair of binoculars.
- Some of them would scan the beach with powerful binoculars and night glasses, focussing on the couples.
- Others around the rim of the valley took up the cry and commanders with binoculars trained their glasses on the sea.
- He pulled out a small pair of binoculars that doubled as night vision glasses and headed towards the edge of the rock face.
Words that rhyme with glassessunglasses • missus • suffix
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.