Definition of glassmaking in English:
The manufacture of glass.
- In the 19th century, glass-making became industrialised and many items were mass produced e.g., beakers, bowls, door handles.
- He encouraged new industries, particularly glass-making, and introduced financial reforms.
- Old industries, like pottery, glass-making, and textiles, have employed new machinery and processes.
- Example sentences
- By the middle of the eighteenth century, glass-makers in Britain were decorating glass by various techniques including engraving, cutting, gilding, and enameling.
- Charles Eamer Kemp, one of the top glass-makers of the 19th century, created them.
- Inevitably, glass-making spread, and when building our great cathedrals French glass-makers were imported to work on the windows.
Definition of glassmaking in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan