Definition of glasswork in English:
2The manufacture of glass and glassware.
- Ninety percent of the work featured in the Arts and Crafts Gallery, for instance, is crafted by local artists, with an emphasis on such media as glasswork, ceramics, woodworking and woven textiles.
- Crafts that will be taught include glasswork, upholstery and patchwork.
- Another man speaks haltingly about his severe disability and loss, while at the same time he develops excellent craftsmanship in glasswork, something he had never accomplished before.
3Ornaments and articles made of glass; glassware.
- The foyer of County Hall was choc-a-bloc with paintings, pottery, mosaics, decorated glasswork, knitwear and many, many other examples of what can be achieved with the proper guidance.
- The exhibition will include new works on paper through print and wood block, abstract sculptural wall pieces to functional ceramics, glasswork, iron works and clean contemporary textile works.
- This exhibition consists solely of Sue's glasswork which encompasses mosaic animals and semi-abstract architecture with colour and movement being an integral feature.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan