Definition of glazing in English:
1The action of installing windows.
- For example, using the building form to provide shelter from a noise source is preferable to installing acoustic-rated glazing.
- The noise of the traffic has forced residents to sleep at the back of their houses and install secondary glazing, costing hundreds of pounds.
- He said the roof on the new grandstand was half-completed and glazing was being installed.
1.1Glass windows: sealed protective glazing
More example sentences
- He said such improvements might, for example, create ventilation between the inner stained glass and the protective outer glazing.
- What kind of glass should you use - normal glass or acrylic glazing?
- Double-hung windows were replaced to match the profile and leaded glazing of the originals.
Definition of glazing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan