Definition of glazing in English:
1The action of installing windows.
- For example, using the building form to provide shelter from a noise source is preferable to installing acoustic-rated glazing.
- The noise of the traffic has forced residents to sleep at the back of their houses and install secondary glazing, costing hundreds of pounds.
- He said the roof on the new grandstand was half-completed and glazing was being installed.
1.1Glass windows: sealed protective glazing
More example sentences
- He said such improvements might, for example, create ventilation between the inner stained glass and the protective outer glazing.
- What kind of glass should you use - normal glass or acrylic glazing?
- Double-hung windows were replaced to match the profile and leaded glazing of the originals.
Definition of glazing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.