- Things, especially facts, that are gathered or collected from various sources rather than acquired as a whole.More example sentences
- His writings about aspects of Chinese life combine published information, his own observations, and gleanings from his sources in China.
- These are gleanings not from your run-of-the-mill general knowledge ready-reckoner, but rather from a directory of, by and perhaps for doctors.
- Several minutes later, after reading each result, he filtered the information and ran the gleanings back out onto the dummy websites he'd set up.
More definitions of gleaningsDefinition of gleanings in:
- The British & World English dictionary