noun (plural gleemen)• historical
- A professional entertainer, especially a singer.More example sentences
- Singing and music were other prized skills and again there were professional musicians, called’ gleemen’, who would travel from place to place and play and sing in return for pay.
- He could have learned them from the simple merchants and gleemen that occasionally passed through his meadow, if he had cared enough.
- The only outsiders that came here was the occasional peddler and once a gleeman came through the village and stayed at the Inn his father owned.
More definitions of gleemanDefinition of gleeman in:
- The British & World English dictionary