- A gradual increase in the overall temperature of the earth’s atmosphere generally attributed to the greenhouse effect caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide, chlorofluorocarbons, and other pollutants.More example sentences
- The company is deeply concerned by the effects of global warming caused by the greenhouse effect.
- Some climatologists maintain that global warming is unlikely to have an impact on hurricanes.
- The tired old global warming, and greenhouse gas bogeymen have also been raised.
More definitions of global warmingDefinition of global warming in:
- The British & World English dictionary