Definition of globe thistle in English:
An Old World thistle with globe-shaped heads of metallic blue-gray flowers.
- Genus Echinops, family Compositae
- Plenty of choices abound for perennials, so you can choose your favorites among the following: aster, Shasta daisy, purple coneflower, globe thistle, daylily, scabiosa, goldenrod, phlox,
- The globe thistle flowers stand proudly like drumsticks above prickly leaves in July and August, and, as with eryngiums, are a mecca for insects, which make a beeline for them.
- The globe thistle requires no staking, reaches heights of over a metre, and will attract bees and butterflies to join the throbbing throng.
Definition of globe thistle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia