noun(plural same or globefishes)
- 1A pufferfish or a porcupine fish.More example sentences
- The rare globefish depicted in the Passarotti series of four market scenes is thus not an anomaly within this group of ‘market’ scenes.
- A woman holds a rotund globefish behind the spherical head of an old man in his Fish Vendors.
- 2An ocean sunfish. See sunfish ( sense 1).More example sentences
- Local Health Inspection officials have warned citizens to refrain from dining on globefish.
- Toxin of globefish, after extraction, can be used for treatment of neuralgia and spasm.
- The family includes many familiar species which are variously called puffers, balloonfish, blowfish, bubblefish, globefish, swellfish, toadfish, and toadies.
More definitions of globefishDefinition of globefish in:
- The British & World English dictionary