Definition of globigerina in English:
noun (plural globigerinas or globigerinae /-nē/)
A planktonic marine protozoan with a calcareous shell. The shells collect as a deposit ( globigerina ooze) over much of the ocean floor.
- Genus Globigerina, order Foraminiferida, kingdom Protista
- Imagine a cart full of whitish mud, filled with the minutest shells, poured all wet and sticky and slimy onto some clean planks and you may have some faint idea of what globigerina mud is like.
- Briefly, there are four types of ooze: red clay, globigerina ooze, radiolarian ooze, and pteropod ooze.
- Bottom sediment map showing beds of globigerina ooze and other sediment types.
Definition of globigerina in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan