Definition of globule in English:
1A small round particle of a substance; a drop: globules of fat
More example sentences
- Placing a gentle hand on the woman's chin, Chase brought her face upward so that he could stare into those beautiful eyes filled with globules of tears.
- Milk is another colloid, consisting of microscopic globules of fat dispersed in water.
- In one hand he held a long paint brush from which globules of paint were threatening to drop while his arm supported a palette kept in place by a thumb through a hole.
1.1 Astronomy A small dark cloud of gas and dust seen against a brighter background such as a luminous nebula.
- Resembling a creature on the run with flames streaming behind it, the Spitzer image of a dark globule in the emission nebula IC 1396 is in spectacular contrast to the view seen in visible light.
- Elsewhere in the Milky Way, Spitzer viewed a dark, elongated globule known as the Elephant's Trunk nebula.
- Organic globules found in a meteorite that slammed into the lake may be older than our sun, a new study says.
- Example sentences
- I started telling him about fashioning a space suit out of aluminium foil and dashing after the globulous Martian creature to save my sweet from certain tentacling and a sticky end.
- Two weeks ago, we took the frog to the doctor's as she had been unable to shake off an infection and her production of slimy, yellow, globulous mucus had gone into overdrive.
- Anastasia reached behind her to no avail as she felt two globulous trickles of blood exit a pair of widening gashes where the base of he skull met the summit of her spine.
Words that rhyme with globulereticule
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.