- Any of a group of simple proteins soluble in salt solutions and forming a large fraction of blood serum protein. The three principal subsets of globulin are alpha globulin, beta globulin, and gamma globulin, which are distinguished by their respective degrees of electrophoretic mobility (alpha having the greatest and gamma having the least).More example sentences
- Normal urinary proteins include albumin, serum globulins, and proteins secreted by the nephron.
- There are several types of simple proteins known as globulins in the blood: alpha, beta, and gamma.
- The pattern of serum protein electrophoresis results depends on the fractions of two major types of protein: albumin and globulins.
More definitions of globulinDefinition of globulin in:
- The British & World English dictionary