Definition of glowing in English:
Expressing great praise: he received a glowing report from his teachers
More example sentences
- A Whitefield primary school has earned special praise after a glowing Ofsted report was complemented by outstanding results.
- As a blogger, by contrast, I almost invariably receive one of two reactions, glowing praise or a look of total incomprehension.
- The third of the trio had the soup, a minestrone and meatball, which was ‘not bad’ - hardly glowing praise.
- Example sentences
- While the report speaks glowingly about the positive economic spinoffs of a healthy arts community, measuring a city's culture isn't the same as gauging the impact of, say, its manufacturing sector.
- Such shops can be on any road and its patrons will talk glowingly of their favourites.
- His caddy, Dubliner Colin Byrne, has come to know him probably as well as anyone over the past couple of years and speaks glowingly of him as ‘the best boss a man could have.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.