Definition of glowing in English:
Expressing great praise: he received a glowing report from his teachers
More example sentences
- A Whitefield primary school has earned special praise after a glowing Ofsted report was complemented by outstanding results.
- As a blogger, by contrast, I almost invariably receive one of two reactions, glowing praise or a look of total incomprehension.
- The third of the trio had the soup, a minestrone and meatball, which was ‘not bad’ - hardly glowing praise.
- Example sentences
- While the report speaks glowingly about the positive economic spinoffs of a healthy arts community, measuring a city's culture isn't the same as gauging the impact of, say, its manufacturing sector.
- Such shops can be on any road and its patrons will talk glowingly of their favourites.
- His caddy, Dubliner Colin Byrne, has come to know him probably as well as anyone over the past couple of years and speaks glowingly of him as ‘the best boss a man could have.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia